- Posted August 17, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl: Bangsamoro Basic Law a priority
Presidential Communication Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma, Jr. in an interview over dzRB Radio-Manila that Malacanang Palace will submit the draft of the BBL to Congress the soonest possible time.
Coloma said the government peace panel and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) both issued a statement that they will submit the draft to Malacanang on 18 August 2014.
Based on the timetable, there is still ample time for ratification of the BBL in Congress, in time for the establishment of the Bangsamoro Transitional Assembly and a plebiscite in 2016.
The Comprehensive Agreement on the Bangsamoro was signed on March 27. The agreement ended the decades-long conflict that claimed the lives of hundreds of people in Muslim Mindanao, Southern Philippines.