- Posted August 18, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl to create highly remunerative jobs
“The government is striving to create more decent jobs with high pay,” Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma, Jr. said.
Coloma was commenting on a recent Social Weather Stations (SWS) survey that showed a slight increase in unemployment from 25.7 percent or 11.5 million adults in the first quarter of the year to 25.9 percent or 11.8 million adults in the second quarter.
The survey was conducted from June 27 to 30, using face-to-face interviews of 1,200 adults nationwide -- 300 each from Metro Manila, and areas of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.
Coloma noted that poverty reduction and empowerment of the poor and vulnerable through employment are part of the Philippine Development Plan (PDP), which is the roadmap of the Aquino administration.
“We want to create more jobs for Filipinos because this is the key to reduce poverty,” he said.