- Posted August 19, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- BIRTHRIGHT ISRAEL FOUNDATION LAUNCHES #GIVINGTUESDAY INITIATIVE, TO ENLIST SUPPORT FROM PAST PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS
- AMERICAN FRIENDS OF RAMBAM WILL HONOR MERI AND SOL BARER: $3 MILLION GIFT ENABLED PURCHASE OF SPECIALTY EQUIPMENT AND IMPROVED PEDIATRIC CARE
- LOS ANGELES TEENAGER DEDICATES BAR MITZVAH TO RIGHTEOUS GENTILE THROUGH THE JEWISH FOUNDATION FOR THE RIGHTEOUS TWINNING PROGRAM
- Back-to-School Backpack Safety Tips
- Tiki Barber, former NFL star, supports United Hatzalah
Former Israeli President Meets With American Teens at Fellowship Closing Ceremony
Pictured above are the Birthright Israel Excel 2014 Cohort, their Israeli peers and Mr. Shimon Peres, Israel's Former President.
Birthright Israel Excel Fellows spend 10 weeks during the summer interning at Israeli offices of prominent multinational companies within a wide range of industries including finance, venture capital, consulting, high-tech and bio-tech. In the professional arena, Excel Fellows are matched with a mentor, an Israeli executive of the company at which they intern. On a social level, they are “twinned” with an Israeli peer, who comes to the Excel Fellowship Program with honors in their own right from either the Israeli Defense Forces or the Interdisciplinary Center in Herzliya. In addition to the internship, Excel Fellows attend meetings with distinguished Israeli leaders from the fields of business, technology, culture, politics and philanthropy, and partake in workshops and trips on a broad range of topics including leadership, Jewish identity, and communication.
Excel is a program conducted by Taglit Birthright Israel.
Taglit-Birthright Israel sends Jewish adults between the ages of 18 and 26 on a free 10-day trip to Israel to strengthen each participant’s Jewish identity. For more information about Taglit-Birthright Israel and Birthright Excel, visit www.BirthrightIsrael.com or www.BirthrightIsraelExcel.com.