- Posted August 22, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Is this Filipino woman insane?
Malacanang reporter Florante Rosales of dzRH Radio-Manila identified the woman in her early 40s as Flora Pineda of Taguig City.
Rosales told anchor Deo Macalma that Pineda, who brought with her a loaded Cal. 45 pistol, was shouting in front of Gate 2, telling President Aquino that she could no longer bear watching most Filipinos wallowing in poverty.
“Pineda said she could no longer stomach the people’s hunger under the administration of President Aquino,” Rosales told Macalma, adding that the woman was not out of her mind.
According to the dzRH reporter, Pineda hails from Tuguegarao, the capital city of Cagayan province in Luzon.
“Pineda told the PSG that she has no intention to harm anyone. She said it was her personal fight against the present government,” Rosales further told Macalma.
The PSG brought Pineda to the headquarters of the Manila Police District for further investigation.