- Posted August 22, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Your view of the Ferguson protests
- "Weed Out Hate" Promised Land Enrichment instead of Scorched Earth Retribution
- Transforming Ferguson Dreams Into Reality
- Message to ISIS: America Wants to Weed Out Your Hate
- "Weed Out Hate" Appeal to CNN
- Mike Brown to Be Buried; Time to Resurrect Our Intention to Weed Out Hate and Sow Seeds of Peace
Hands Up; Please shoot your cameras!
In the past five days, I have walked back and forth along the streets of Ferguson and even attending the Al Sharpton church service on Sunday, I have witnessed the media inclination towards covering only celebrity, tear gas, or violent acts by other protesters.
I came down to Ferguson from Springfield, IL, because I felt that the souls of the city were being overrun by divisive, polarizing emotions à la Malcomb- X instead of the deeply rooted loving intention of Martin Luther King, Jr.
During this time, I have an opportunity to spread the Weed Out hate, Sow the Seeds of Peace message to Martin Luther King, III, Dick Gregory, and Dr. Charles Steele, not to mention hundreds of protestors whom I photographed holding up my sign.
If only the media would chronicle this message when I raise my sign in front of the crowds!