- Posted August 22, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Philippine president reviews BBL final draft
"As agreed upon by the Parties, the MILF (Moro Islamic Liberation Front) submitted the final draft of the Bangsamoro Basic Law to the Office of the Executive Secretary yesterday evening," Deles said.
The submission was witnessed by Atty. Alfredo Benjamin Caguioa, the President’s chief legal counsel, and Atty. Mike Musngi, the Assistant Executive Secretary.
“The latest draft (of the BBL) has been submitted to the President for his review" and "further discussions may be held based on the guidance of the President," Deles further said
In a news release on Luwaran.net, the MILF noted that "the two parties are also in the same level of understanding that an "agreed version" of the BBL is the only way that would strengthen their partnership in jointly pushing for the early passage of the bill in Congress."
MILF peace panel and Bangsamoro Transition Commission chair Mohagher Iqbal, in a letter accompanying the BBL submission, likewise committed to "adhere to our understanding to work on the final text of the proposed BBL after its review by the President."
With this, Deles says she is "confident that a mutually acceptable bill will be filed in Congress as a true demonstration of the parties' firm partnership for peace."
The draft BBL is expected to be submitted to Congress upon the instructions of the President.
"We will await his signal. We are all aware it is an urgent matter," she said.