- Posted August 23, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Who taught you to love food?
Easy, healthy salmon dishes recipes for people at all ages!
Salmon is one of the perfect sources of lean protein that is extremely healthy for human beings. Salmon does not dry out easily due to the healthy fats it contains, making it a great fish to cook. Salmon is the best source of Omega 3 fatty acids, protein, vitamins, and minerals, including iron, zinc, Vitamin D, B vitamins, magnesium, and selenium. Salmon can be digested easily and it can also help improve your skin’s health.
1. Teriyaki Salmon With Zucchini
This recipe is very simple to make. However, when everything is done, you will have a wonderful-looking dish! I like to use low-sodium teriyaki sauce in this recipe to keep the sodium down, but you can use the regular sauce if you want. Zucchini is abundant during summer, so you should ensure to reap the advantages of this healthy, lean veggie and enjoy it for a wonderful dinner!
- Canola oil
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds
- 2 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- Low-sodium teriyaki sauce
2. Roast Salmon With Salsa
Salsa is a simple condiment that can add a lot of flavors to dishes without adding a high level of calories. It can be deliciously combined with salmon and it is an easy way to enjoy a healthy meal that does not taste boring and bland.
- 1 ½ pound salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 6 portions
- 2 to 4 dashes hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and quartered
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
3. Salmon Soup
Soup is not the first thing you might think about when you want to prepare a salmon dish. However, there is a fact that broth-based soups are often low in calories and fat, making them perfect for people who want to shed some extra pounds. Salmon will fill you up. This is one of best easy salmon dishes recipes out there and you are going to love it!
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, julienned
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb fresh salmon, thinly sliced
- 5 cups chicken broth
You can read Full version with: 12 Easy, healthy salmon dishes recipes for people at all ages