- Posted August 23, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Filipino woman charged for carrying gun
Flora Pineda was arrested Friday afternoon by members of the Presidential Security Group (PSG) and brought her to the Manila Police District (MPD) after conducting an investigation.
Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said they took the incident seriously and the PSG only did its job, adding that the it is sharing information with the police.
"Of course, we take any incident like this seriously that is why the PSG immediately conducted its own investigation,” Valte said.
She said the suspect was charged because a firearm was involved.
The Palace official also commended the PSG for handling the incident well that if not foiled may have threatened the people inside the New Executive Building.
There was no immediate threat to the President during the incident Friday because he was not inside the New Executive Building.
Initial investigation of the PSG revealed that Pineda wanted President Aquino to step down allegedly for his failure to address social issues.
Pineda was originally from Tuguegarao, the capital city of Cagayan province, but currently residing in Taguig City.