- Posted August 23, 2014 by
- Aafia’s pain is our shame, say world scholars
- Mother talks to mother, Asmat seeks Kalsoom’s help in Aafia release
- Open Letter to The First Lady of USA Mrs Michelle Obama, My daughter stands for love, peace and justice; she is a victim of terror not a terrorist: Mrs Ismat Siddiqui
- Prime Minister of Pakistan urged to raise Aafia issue in United Nations
- A black day in American judicial history September 23
Aafia Movement has nothing to do with violence: Dr Fowzia Siddiqui, Vested interests trying to sabotage Aafia cause by linking it to terrorism
She said those trying to link Aafia Movement with illegal, violent and terrorist activities are the enemies of the nation and country. Commenting on baseless speculations in a section of media regarding news related to ISIS and Daish, she said whenever they are chances for the release of the daughter of the nation; some vested interests try to sabotage them by linking the cause of Aafia to violence and terrorism. She said the Aafia Movement has nothing to do with the news about ISIS, and the effort to link them with one another is based on evil and malafide intentions.
Dr Fowzia said when her innocent sister Aafia Siddiqui was handed sentence of 86-year imprisonment, in her last remarks outside the court she had said she had braved untellable atrocities, which she would never forget; however, following the Sunnah of her Holy Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) she was forgiving her tormentors.
Aafia Movement leader said the record of newspapers, electronic media and YouTube is there that when Dr Aafia was sentenced to 86 years imprisonment, their mother Asmat Siddiqui had said that for them Pakistan was supreme as they have given sacrifices for the establishment of this country. She has said that though peaceful protest was our right, but no violence and vandalism would be tolerated during this violence. “We respect each and every human life.”
Issued by: Aafia Movement Pakistan