- Posted August 24, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Filipinos march to Luneta vs ‘pork’
Shouting “abolish priority development assistance fund (PDAF) and disbursement acceleration fund (DAP),” different political, business and religious groups joined the multi-sectoral rally spearheaded by the Anti-Pork Movement.
In an interview over dzRH Radio-Manila, farmers’ group leader and former party-list representative Rafael Mariano said P9.48 billion for irrigation projects in Metro Manila has been inserted in the proposed 2015 national budget.
“How can we irrigate Metro Manila when it has no farmlands?” Mariano asked.
The United People of Makati Against Corruption (UPAC) also showed up at the rally, asking the government to conduct an impartial probe on the whopping P2.7-billion park building built by Vice President Jejomar Binay when he was still the city mayor.
“The amount spent for the 7-storey building should have been used by the local government of Makati City for the construction of low-cost housing projects for homeless residents,” UPAC said in a statement.
The protest action, which coincided with the celebration of National Heroes Day, began at 7 a.m. and will culminate at 4 p.m. today.