- Posted August 24, 2014 by
Los Angeles, California
- Darby Pop Publishing's Side-Kicked Graphic Novel Available At Book Stores Starting In November 2015
- Acclaimed Biography of Innovative American Buddhist Teacher Will Teach, Entertain, and Warm Hearts in Time for Winter Reading Blue Skies Buddha published by Mystic-Buddha Publishing House
- Author CJ Roberts Promotes Her Dark Erotica Book Series - The Dark Duet Books One, Two And Three
- Author J. E. Nicassio Releases New YA Sci-fi Romance Novel From The Sky
- Author Patrick Brown And Peachtree Corners Press Release New Crime Suspenseful Thriller Heavy Hour
California Author Releases New Novel About A Multi-Generational Finnish American Family
Author, Dennis Frahmann is pleased to announce the release of hiscontemporary fiction novel, The Finnish Girl. A multi-generational story about a Finnish American family in Wisconsin and how their American dream threatens to become a nightmare, Publishers Weekly calls the novel "Melancholic, brooding, and cut-to-the-bone incisive, this is a tale to remember."
The Finnish Girl is about how secrets kill. Not just those you choose to keep from others, or even those that others guard from you. There remains those secrets that you so desperately hide from yourself. They all catch up with Lempi Makinen Lahti.
When Lempi's teenage son Danny discovers her suicide, he seeks to solve the mysteries that defined her life and death. A pack of letters and clippings hidden in an old family trunk may be the only keys to understanding both his mother's past and his own future.
"The Finnish Girl" is a richly told tapestry of interwoven characters-the family patriarch who emigrates from Finland to the United States to create his own future, a son who turns his back on his home as part of an ill-fated mission to Russia during the Depression, the elderly mother who faces deportation in an America driven by fear during the Red Scare, and the young Finnish girl who cares too much about the injustices she sees.
Decisions in one generation propel another on unexpected paths, until one family's hopes for the American dream threaten to become its nightmare.
The Finnish Girl, a semi-finalist in the 2014 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award competition, is available in both print and ebook format.
The Finnish Girl
By Dennis Frahmann
Publisher: Loon Town Books
Published: August 12, 2014
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
About The Author:
Dennis Frahmann grew up in Wisconsin, trained in journalism and spent most of his adult life in New York, Minneapolis and Los Angeles. Today he resides in the seaside village of Cambria, California. The Finnish Girl is his second novel. Tales from the Loon Town Cafe was his first novel.
For more information, review copies, or interviews please contact the author at: