- Posted August 25, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Life in China
- The Killing of Jennifer is the Central Issue not her sexuality and gender: the VFA as a symbol of National Shame
- Robin Williams: A Tribute
- The Uighur People: In Defense of the Minority, their Identity and Autonomy Part I
- The Joint War Criminality of Obama and Netanhayu’s Israel in exterminating the Palestinian People is a Crime Against Humanity
- The Shooting down of MH17 is a Terrorist Act and a Crime Against Humanity: The bastard Americans must back off from the on-going international investigation Part II
The Uighur People: In Defense of the Minority, their Identity and Autonomy Part II
What is the point?
What the hell is China’s problem with people who sports big beards? What the hell is their issue with those people who wear hijabs, niqabs, burkas?
What the hell is China’s problem with those people whose clothing bears “the Islamic star and crescent symbol”?
Why can’t they ride the public bus?
What the hell is China’s problem with their minority Uighur Muslim population?
Again, is China aware that this stupid and preposterous “law” is a grave violation of the United Nation’s Declaration of Human Rights?
I thought these people are citizens of China, hence why the central government are making and issuing laws that are only applicable specifically to them?
What is the difference of this law from the law of Hitler compelling the Jews to put into their clothes the Star of David?
China is not only following the discrimination done by the Nazis, but their way of marginalizing an already marginalized people is comparably despotic, barbaric and incontestably absurd!
The German human rights spokesman Dilxat Raxit is correct when she says that this ordeal being suffered by the Uighurs will only “lead more conflicts if China uses coercive measures to rule and to challenge Uighur beliefs.”
If the Chinese believes that they can win against the “terrorists” by using their own brand of “terrorism”, they are dead wrong!
If China will not stop from their repression and oppression, then the conflict in Xinjiang will only escalate and it may even spill to other areas.
Terrorism would not be defeated by another kind of terrorism!
China must respect the rights and true well-being of the Uighur people!
Jose Mario Dolor De Vega
Philosophy and Social Science lecturer
Polytechnic University of the Philippines and Unibersidad de Manila