- Posted August 25, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Life in China
- The Hypocrisy of a bloody bastard bias world: Their West-Terrorism and the Terrorism of the Terrorists II
- The Hypocrisy of a bloody bastard bias world: Their West-Terrorism and the Terrorism of the Terrorists I
- The so-called Sight line “Rule” and the so-called “Doctrine” of the setting: illegal, impertinent and super stupid petition of the “Knights” of Rizal and the Question of the Soul of the Nation
- An impertinent and ridiculous position paper of the so-called “sol-gen” of the Republic of the Philippines: A counter-position Part I
- A Mockery and Travesty of Justice: The Continuing Persecution and Permanent Harassment of Anwar Ibrahim by the powers that be in Malaysia
The Uighur People: In Defense of the Minority, their Identity and Autonomy Part II
What is the point?
What the hell is China’s problem with people who sports big beards? What the hell is their issue with those people who wear hijabs, niqabs, burkas?
What the hell is China’s problem with those people whose clothing bears “the Islamic star and crescent symbol”?
Why can’t they ride the public bus?
What the hell is China’s problem with their minority Uighur Muslim population?
Again, is China aware that this stupid and preposterous “law” is a grave violation of the United Nation’s Declaration of Human Rights?
I thought these people are citizens of China, hence why the central government are making and issuing laws that are only applicable specifically to them?
What is the difference of this law from the law of Hitler compelling the Jews to put into their clothes the Star of David?
China is not only following the discrimination done by the Nazis, but their way of marginalizing an already marginalized people is comparably despotic, barbaric and incontestably absurd!
The German human rights spokesman Dilxat Raxit is correct when she says that this ordeal being suffered by the Uighurs will only “lead more conflicts if China uses coercive measures to rule and to challenge Uighur beliefs.”
If the Chinese believes that they can win against the “terrorists” by using their own brand of “terrorism”, they are dead wrong!
If China will not stop from their repression and oppression, then the conflict in Xinjiang will only escalate and it may even spill to other areas.
Terrorism would not be defeated by another kind of terrorism!
China must respect the rights and true well-being of the Uighur people!
Jose Mario Dolor De Vega
Philosophy and Social Science lecturer
Polytechnic University of the Philippines and Unibersidad de Manila