- Posted August 24, 2014 by
Los Angeles, California
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Tell us the Good Stuff!
- Review of “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies” from The Hobbit Marathon
- Doing what you have to do to get the picture
- Screening of “Wild” with Reese Witherspoon and Laura Dern Q&A
- Police and security are becoming paranoid – Security at the Hobbit LA Premiere
- “Still Alice” screening and Q&A with Julianne Moore and Wash Westmoreland
Emmy nominee, screen legend and Oscar winner Jon Voight attends a rare gifting suite
While I have met Jon Voight at many industry events including previous Emmys, I have never seen Mr. Voight at a gifting suite before.
During award season, you seldom ever hear about men’s fashions, the focus is always on women’s fashions. We simply asked Mr. Voight, a well known fashionista who is typically impeccably dressed, about men’s fashion. His initial response was surprising and then he got excited and answered a second question for me about his current projects.
We have found from previous encournters that Mr. Voight really doesn’t believe he’s as big of a star as he is. He seemed to be well at ease speaking with the vendors at the gifting suite and graciously posed for cell phone picture after cell phone picture long after he was supposed to have left.
We met him at Doris Bergman’s Emmy Style Lounge and Party, who is well known for being able to wrangle legends that generally don’t attend gifting suites for any reason.
Jon Voight is an Emmy nominee for Oustanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series for in Ray Donovan.