- Posted August 27, 2014 by
NYC, New York
- CNN iReport Music Spotlight: Interview With Urban Pop Artist Bjane
- Indie Music Grind: Richie Biness
- Russell Simmons' All Def Digital Artist Doctor/Rapper Lazarus Impacts With "Open Heart Surgery" Song
- My Response To Rudy Giuliani: Black on Black Crime & White on White Crime
- CNN iReport Music Spotlight: Interview With Detroit Based R&B Artist Nashad Davis
CNN iReport Music Spotlight: Turk Feat. Joe Young "Hands Up (Don't Shoot)" [Mike Brown Tribute]
After Mike Brown was murdered at the hands of a police officer, the streets of Ferguson have been under siege, as the civil unrest comes to a head in the country, with police brutality at an all time high. Former Hot Boy, Turk, penned this dedication track in honor of Mike Brown, titled “Hands Up (Don’t Shoot).” He’s joined on the track by a rising star from Germany, Joe Young, while Atlanta’s Joey Did This held down the production.
“I feel strongly about the Mike Brown case; it’s becoming an epidemic. Over and over these murders are going unpunished; not only that, but I recently came home from doing almost a decade in prison due to police misconduct and corruption…something has to change,” said Turk.
Said Joe Young, “Black or white, we are all God’s children. Stand up for what’s right and not what’s hyped up by the media. Skin color is given. Life is taken.”
Turk ft Joe Young and JoeyDidThis - Hands Up
- April Dawn