- Posted August 28, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl to pursue high-profile fugitives
“I’ve told that our law enforcement entities will not stop chasing all those with warrants of arrest,” the President Aquino said during an exclusive interview with Bombo Radyo Philippines.
The President indicated that there are “developments” in the search for such high-profile fugitives as former Palawan Governor Joel Reyes, his brother Coron Mayor Mario Reyes, and former Dinagat Island Representative Ruben Ecleo, Jr.
The Reyes brothers are the prime suspects in the killing of environment advocate Gerry Ortega in 2011. Ecleo, on the other hand, has been convicted of parricide for the death of his wife.
“We have developments, but I could not reveal them to you,” he said.
President Aquino cited the recent arrest of retired Major General Jovito Palparan, one of the country’s most wanted fugitives.
Palparan, wanted for the disappearance of two University of the Philippines students in 2006, was arrested last August 12 in Sta. Mesa, Manila, by agents of the National of Bureau of Investigation after almost three years in hiding.