- Posted August 28, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl to pushe for stronger trade ties
In an exclusive interview with Bombo Radyo Philippines, the President said he will visit Spain, France, Germany and Belgium middle of September and will then proceed to the US.
While in Europe, President said he would express the country's gratitude to European nations for lifting the restrictions imposed on Philippine carriers, enabling the latter to penetrate the European market.
He also said he would thank leaders of the European Union for their contributions to the Philippines in the aftermath of killer “Yolanda”(Haiyan) as well as to the peace efforts in Mindanao (Southern Philippines).
He will also hold discussions regarding Filipino seafarers employed in European vessels under the European Maritime Safety Agency.
After his tour of Europe, the President will proceed to the US to attend a United Nations (UN) summit on global climate change at the invitation of UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
He will share the country's experiences on the impact of global climate change and discuss the need to step up measures on raising awareness on climate change adaptation.
Visiting other countries is very important, the President said, noting that meeting foreign leaders face-to-face results in better relations among countries.