- Posted August 28, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Breaking news: Share your story
Escalation of the conflict in Eastern Ukraine is gaining momentum
Elena Vasilieva, chairman of the ICC “Forgotten Regiment”, in her article titled “cargo – 200” (coffin with military) from Ukraine to Russia” yesterday on the air to the Moscow radio station “Echo of Moscow”, causing heated debate, stated the whole blogosphere about a funeral of Russian paratroopers of Pskov Division.
“Members of the ICC" Forgotten Regiment "are combatants of various local and international wars and conflicts. However we do know what it means to get a cargo – 200. We still honor the memory of those killed fighting brothers. And it is unacceptable that soldiers sent to fight in another country have been forgotten relatives” – Mrs.Vasilieva says.
“The most difficult thing for the relatives of the dead - is to find and bring home to bury their bodies. No one knows where the military unit shall be redeployed, where his or her son, husband or brother may serve.
Therefore we publish an information about troops pulled back into combat areas in Ukraine. We hope this will become a reference point for certain family members who are worried about the fate of their relatives serving in the army.
This information is for obvious reasons can not be absolutely 100% accurate. But it confirmed fragmentary statements coming from the Ministry of Defense and publications of journalists.”
Russian troops in Ukraine:
From South Military District, ground forces and artillery:
- task force battalion from the 18th motorized Brigade / Chechnya Hankala / Kalynovska (the so-called Chechen battalion);
- task force battalion from the 17th motorized Brigade / Chechnya;
- task force battalion from the 136th motorized Brigade / Botlikh, Dagestan;
- task force battalion from the 205th motorized Brigade / Budennovsk, Stavropol Territory;
- task force battalion from the 19th motorized Rifle Brigade / Vladikavkaz, North Ossetia;
- task force battalion from the 7th military base from the occupied Abkhazia, Georgia;
- task force battalion from the 33th mountain infantry brigade / Maikop, Adygea;
- mixed division from the 291st Artillery Brigade / Trinity, Ingushetia.
- mixed company from the 78th brigade logistics / Budeonovsk, Stavropol region.
- task force battalion from the 76th Division of Pskov;
- task force battalion from the 98th Division, Ivanovo;
- task force battalion of the 45 separate regiment Specialty / Kubinka;
- task force battalion from the from the 247th Regiment of the 7th Division of Novorossiysk.
- task force battalion and divisions of the Land Forces and artillery units South Military District - from the 20th Motorised Brigade / Volgograd,
- 34th mountain infantry brigade / Karachay-Cherkessia;
- division from the 943rd Artillery Regiment / Krasnooktyabrskoe Adygea (MLRS "Hurricane")
- division from the 1st Missile Brigade / Krasnodar (PTRC "Tochka-U", "Iskander-M").