- Posted August 28, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl president ready to sign Anti-Dynasty Bill into law
The President noted that the Anti-Dynasty Bill is already gaining traction in Congress, with House of Representatives Speaker Feliciano Belmonte speaking in favor of the initiative.
He said he favors the abolition of political dynasties in the country as dynasties control the economic, political and even the judicial component of communities.
Political dynasties also hamper the conduct of a fair and democratic election in a locality, he added.
One of those who filed the Anti-Dynasty Bill was Congressman Edgar Erice of Caloocan, he said.
The 1987 Constitution calls for an enabling law against political dynasties and the President has said he is ready to sign such bill into law when it reaches his desk.