- Posted August 29, 2014 by
Corpus Christi, Texas
- Presbyterian Communities and Services Hosts the 5th Annual Each Moment Matters Luncheon
- Local Seniors Improve Fitness While Helping Local Charities
- Hamon Charitable Foundation Donates $2 Million to the T. Boone Pickens Hospice and Palliative Care Center for Faith Presbyterian Hospice
- Mirador Hosts “From the First Settlers to Today” with Jim Moloney
- The Stayton at Museum Way Welcomed Lt. Col. Oliver North to Speak About America in the New Millennium
Mirador Accepts ALS Ice Bucket Challenge; Raises More Than $750
“This challenge brought our entire community together in support of a good cause,” said Jenny Sullivan, lifestyles director at Mirador. “ALS is a horrible disease that many people are not aware of, so to be able to raise millions of dollars in a matter of weeks is amazing.”
Before getting cold ice water dumped on their heads, the staff kept the challenge going by nominating Mayor Nelda Martinez, the Corpus Christi City Council, and sister community Edgemere, located in Dallas.
Located in the heart of south Corpus Christi, Mirador is the area’s only full service life care senior living community. A Masterpiece Living community, the $79 million gated community includes 125 customized independent living apartment homes, each with a fully equipped kitchen, washer and dryer, and 24-hour emergency response system, as well as 44 private assisted living suites, 41 private rooms for dignified nursing care, and 18 private residences for memory support. Designed to enrich the lives of seniors, Mirador features 25,000 square feet of commons areas on a lush 17-acre campus with a premier location close to local restaurants, shops and attractions.
Mirador, the only Masterpiece Living community in Corpus Christi, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit senior living community sponsored by Senior Quality Lifestyles Corporation (SQLC), a Texas-based nonprofit organization that sponsors sister communities Edgemere in Dallas, The Buckingham in Houston, Querencia at Barton Creek in Austin, The Stayton at Museum Way in Fort Worth, and The Barrington of Carmel in Indianapolis. For information, visit www.miradorretirement.com, or call (361) 288-7027.
Image courtesy of Mirador:
Image 1: Mirador staff members participate in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge