- Posted August 29, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- ......It Should be no Mystery as to the Reasons that U.S. Born Blacks and the Black community face extinction!
- Due to major Demographic shifts, today Compton, South Los Angeles, and other communities are predominately Hispanic, many being illegal aliens! Slim chance exists to where the elected representatives will continue to be Black/Afro-American!
- RE: Want to weigh in? ….10TH District Councilman Herb Wesson, and my experience…..Herb Wesson is a Liar, Deceitful, and a Disgrace to the Essence of What in means to be an elected official!
- To place all blame for the demise of the Black community on Caucasians/White privilege, is as far from reality as running away from reality can get!
- In far too many instances, innocent US born Blacks violated by the atrocities of unethical, inept, deceitful government public servants, can't find a competent lawyer to protect his/her rights! Taxes Paid under Protest, Taxation no Representation-MLL
That's Right Charles Belk Sock it To the Authorities! It is Certain Public Servants Will Respect the Constitution, Refrain from Automatically Drawing the Conclusion that All U.S. Born Blacks are Criminals or Face Being Sued for Civil Redress!
Bio: Charles Belk, a graduate of Hillside High School in Durham, North Carolina, completed his BS degree in Electrical Engineering at the University of Southern California and received an MBA from Indiana University and a Executive Management Certificate from Harvard University School of Business.
This should send a message to all inner-city Black men, women, and children to respect the law, so much so, that if anyone breaks the law make sure it is anyone else but you. Should public servants, such as, any police officer, or otherwise unlawfully violate your Constitutional rights as a law abiding citizen, don’t challenge him, her, or them in the street. Document the wrongdoing, unlawful/un-Constitutional activity, find a competent lawyer, and/or file a civil claim for damages in Pro persona to hold the perpetrators accountable for any damage done to your stellar reputation, earning potential, or other civil tort/Constitutional/Property Rights violations.
More must be done to stress the importance of respecting and obeying the commands of any police officer.....and if a citizen has a problem with any police officer, or any other public servant, it would behoove the party or parties to:
1. Obtain the police officer's or officers name(s) and badge numbers, or equivalent information for any other public servant.
2. Document the circumstances.
3. Obtain the names and contact information of all credible witnesses......credibility is important....because it is of little value to use as a witness anyone who is involved in criminal activity, or who is not truthful.
4. Make it a point to be law abiding yourself, so much so, that if any criminal act is committed just make it a point that the actual criminal acts/civil tort violations are committed by anyone else but you. Don't conspire with anyone else, because you can and will be charged as being an accomplice/co-conspirator, etc.
5. File a claim against the appropriate jurisdiction.
If the public servant is employed by the City then the claim should be filed against the City/Mayor
If the public servant or agency is associated with the County then the claim for redress should be filed against the County/County Board
If the public servant in question is employed by the State, then the claim should be filed against the State/Governor.
If the public servant or public entity in question are at the Federal level, then your dispute must be filed against the Feds.
6. Although it would be good to have a lawyer, in a civil claim, if you are unable to find a competent attorney who will work for you, then you can do this yourself in Pro Persona.
7. Whatever you decide to do, do not challenge, engage in combat, resist the authority of any police officer whose job function is to make use of a loaded firearm, because to do so can result in your own death. "Dead men (women) tell no tales".
8. Comply or automatically place your hands in plain view of any peace officer. If you are in a car place your hands on the steering wheel. Unless instructed by a police officer to reach for your vehicle registration in the glove compartment of your vehicle do not make any unnecessary body movements, i.e., Freeze!
“Beverly Hills police acknowledge 'breakdowns' in producer's arrest” by Joseph Serna, Los Angeles Times, August 28, 2014
1. Beverly Hills police said they regretted detaining producer and filmmaker Charles Belk in connection with a nearby bank robbery before a pre-Emmys party on Aug. 22. (LA Times)
2. Beverly Hills police acknowledged Thursday there were procedural "breakdowns" in last week's arrest of a Hollywood producer who was mistaken for a bank robber and held for six hours.
3. Police stopped producer and filmmaker Charles Belk, 51, about 6 p.m. Aug. 22 on suspicion of being involved in a bank robbery that occurred just moments earlier less than two blocks away. Police said Belk's clothes matched those of a suspect in the robbery, as did his "physical characteristics."
4. But Belk countered that he fit the physical description only in that he is a tall, bald black man.
5. He posted a photo on Facebook of himself handcuffed on the sidewalk and has criticized the department on social media and in radio and TV interviews for how it handled the detention.
6. Police Chief David Snowden acknowledged that the six-hour process failed Belk, who maintained his innocence throughout.
7. Belk was in the area for a pre-Emmys party and was headed to his car to refill a parking meter when police stopped him, he said in a Facebook post. Officers took him into custody after a witness from the bank positively identified him as one of the robbers, police said.
8. Belk wrote on Facebook that he wasn't read his Miranda rights and was delayed in speaking to a lawyer. It was not until authorities reviewed the bank's video footage that they determined Belk was not involved, he said.
9. The department is reviewing how it can more quickly review video and other electronic devices that can exonerate an innocent person like Belk, and how to provide "prompt" access to a phone and a lawyer.
10. "I have always stayed as far away from being on the wrong side of the law as much as possible; so please, be careful," Belk wrote on Facebook after the incident. "If something like this can happen to ME, it can certainly happen to ANYONE!"
"The clean hands doctrine is a rule of law that someone bringing a lawsuit or motion and asking the court for equitable relief must be innocent of wrongdoing or unfair conduct relating to the subject matter of his/her claim."
"There is no "right to make false statements". An employee who is asked about possible wrongdoing has only two legal choices: Tell the truth or say nothing, he said. A citizen may decline to answer the question, or answer it honestly, but he cannot with impunity knowingly and willfully answer with a falsehood" -Justice William Rehnquist
YouTube: "Black Film Producer Mistaken For Bank Robber, Detained For Six Hours "
RE: "Producer in Beverly Hills for Emmy Pre-Party Mistaken for Bank Robber, Held 6 Hours" by Anthony Kurzweil, KTLA5 News, August 26, 2014
Situations like that of Harvard educated film Producer Charles Belk, are real life examples of Black men, women, and/or children, with clean records/no criminal history....wrongfully violated by policing authorities. Because of Mr. Belk's clean record and reputation it is certain the City of Beverly Hills/BH Police Department will pay a hefty civil court damages award for this un-Constitutional/Wrongful act.
CNN I-Report: Constitutional Protections are Very Important. Unfortunately more so than not, Black Leaders, Lawyers and the Black community itself are not Competent at Holding Anyone Accountable to the Oath of Office, the U.S. Constitution, etc.
CNN i-Report: "Worthless Racial Profiling Innuendo, has yet to Address Truly Serious Constitutional Violations! by Deadwiler56
CNN i-Report: “The Black Underclass are at Odds with the Black Middleclass!” by Deadwiler56
CNN i-Report: "Many have forgotten (or don't care) these very principles to which we, as professionals, should always adhere"...the same can be said for Elected Officials and Other Public Servants as well!