- Posted August 31, 2014 by
- US police are killing members of the African-American community on an epidemic scale
- The United Sates is using the purported beheading of American journalist Foley to further intervene in Iraq
- How ISIS was confirmed as terrorist group by Obama
- US diplomacy and its indirect aid to ISIS
- Cost of US intervention in Middle East
Why west is supporting ISIL
The Western civilization, spearheaded by the US and Britain, resorts to undermining political Islam as the best strategy for strengthening their hegemony. This strategy is presenting a doctored image of political Islam in the form of a group like ISIL. The idea behind this ruse is to spread the claim that political Islam breeds nothing but violence and extremism. Similarly, the Western governments paint a violent and fundamental image of Iran’s Islamic Revolution in an attempt to distort the history of the Islamic Republic.
But such puppets as ISIL have an expiry date and they will cease to exist as soon as their presence harms the interests of the Western governments. The West was supportive of ISIL when its militants were fighting the Syrian government. The US even supported the ISIL against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. But after the ISIL launched its offensive in Iraq and particularly after it beheaded American journalist James Foley, it has turned into a cause of serious concern for Washington.
Similarly, al-Qaeda was backed by the West when it was fighting the former Soviet Union in Afghanistan under the cover of combatants. But when it threw down the gauntlet at the West it was labeled as the symbol of international terrorism.