- Posted August 30, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Your 'Aha' weight-loss moments
An “Aha” Weight-Loss Moment: Tips From A Fashion Stylist To Help You Look Slimmer
Whether your diet and work out regimens are working or not, there are still several ways you can do or follow to still look slimmer every time you go out. And you can do this by simply smartly choosing the outfits you wear and by buying the correct types of clothes that will help you look slimmer.
A leading fashion stylist in Dubai shares some tips below to help you choose which kinds of clothes and other accessories you should get and wear so that you can look slimmer every time you step out:
1. First off, invest in some comfy high heeled shoes. Wearing high heeled shoes helps you have and maintain a good posture and help you appear slimmer. This is because when you wear heels, the shape of your legs and your posture changes.
2. Accentuate your waist. If your problem is your waist or your midsection, the fashion stylist recommends that you define it. Don’t wear tops that are larger than your size since they just tend to give the illusion that you are bigger than you are. Invest in some button-up shirts and form fitting clothes and dresses if you’re already tired of always wearing belted blouses or outfits with empire waists.
3. Don’t wear low waist-lined pants. To prevent your hips from looking wide, wear high rise and straight-cut pants, shorts and even skirts since they don’t create bulges and they help flatter and accentuate your behind.
4. Remember that skinny jeans aren’t for everyone. When you wear skinny jeans, you tend to draw attention to your problem areas, like your wide thighs and hips. This is because with skinny jeans, you and everyone else can see the sharp contrast between your large thigh and the skinnier parts of your body, such as your ankles. That’s why it is highly recommend that you wear high-rise jeans to keep and hide everything in.
5. Wear heavy fabrics. If you want to appear slimmer, you have to avoid wearing light and cheap materials and fabrics such as acrylic. Fabrics of this type tend to create static and they cling you your body. They tend to stick and show your problem areas as well. As such, wear clothes that are made of heavier fabric such as thick cotton or tweed since hang well and create a tailored, polished overall look.
6. Wear knee-length skirts. Extremely long and short skirts don’t always look good on all body types. Knee-length skirts also look better and help you look slimmer when they are paired with high-heeled shoes.
Lastly, when you want to look slimmer, you have to keep in mind that following the latest fashion trends and hiding your flaws is not the way to go. To look slimmer and to feel better about yourself and be more confident, you need to know your flaws and complement them sufficiently so that you can create a good balance.