- Posted November 17, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Protests around the world
- Vodici in Macedonia: Orthodox Christians celebrate the baptism of Jesus Christ
- Over 6.000 students in Skopje protested against the State Exam proposal
- "Pivo Fest 2014": The biggest beer festival on the Balkans region
- Wilson Kipsang to promote Wizz Air Skopje Marathon 2014, biggest announced ever in Macedonia
- Vodici in Skopje: Daniel Doncevski caught the Holy Cross in river Vardar
Students in Skopje with protest march on the International students day
- hhanks, CNN iReport producer
Today in Skopje, the capital of Macedonia:
Celebration of the 17 November - International students day with a protest march against the government breaking the autonomy of the university and against the corrupted official student organization.
The students marched against the idea of external testing, dissatisfied by the idea of the way the knowledge is tested.
Prominent are banners with the messages "We are students not patients," "I am more than just an index number", "Education is a human right, not a privilege." Students have received support from several university professors as well.
As announced by the Ministry of Education and Science, external testing will be conducted in the form of exam twice: first when the student will complete the second year of study, with questions from all subjects from the previous two years, and again at the end of the fourth year of study. For those who will not pass the exam, it will be the end of their university education.