- Posted October 25, 2008 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
The Situation Room: Your political resolutions
- The Arguments and Disputes Are Not All About” (Health Care Reform)”
- Senator John McCain Gave A Wonderful Speech Tonight!
- Obama wins Ohio, Pa, Mich, widens lead vs McCain
- Paid GOP workers say they misled Wis. voters
- Gallup: Obama has highest favorability rating of any presidential candidate in 16 years!
Judge tosses lawsuit challenging Obama citizenship (AP)
Judge tosses lawsuit
citizenshipPHILADELPHIA - A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit challenging Barack Obama's qualifications to be president. U.S. District Judge R. Barclay Surrick on Friday night rejected the suit by attorney Philip J. Berg, who alleged that Obama was not a U.S. citizen and therefore ineligible for the presidency. Berg claimed that Obama is either a citizen of his father's native Kenya or became a citizen of Indonesia after he moved there as a boy. Obama was born in Hawaii to an American mother and a Kenyan father. His parents divorced and his mother married an Indonesian man. Internet-fueled conspiracy theories question whether Obama is a "natural-born citizen" as required by the Constitution for a presidential candidate and whether he lost his citizenship while living abroad. Surrick ruled that Berg lacked standing to bring the case, saying any harm from an allegedly ineligible candidate was "too vague and its effects too attenuated to confer standing on any and all voters."