- Posted January 5, 2009 by
Cary, North Carolina
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Grateful for a Dead tour?
- Memorial Day - Let Us Never Forget Those Who Served So That We May Live
- Happy Mother's Day Everyone!
- The Park at West Lake - Cary, North Carolina
- Michael Jordan to be Inducted Into the North Carolina Sports Hall of Fame December 14th, 2010
- Apex High School Caps Off Perfect Season to Win North Carolina State Volleyball Championship!
The Grateful Dead and .....ME!
I was fortunate to have the opportunity to meet Bob Weir on numerous
occasions and each and every time he was most cordial. Whether it was
backstage or poolside, whenever I saw him, Bobby always took the time
with whoever came by, to talk, share a joke or sign an autograph.
The picture in this post is of Bobby, my daughter Laura and me poolside in Reno. The other picture is of my daughter and me at her first show! I sat way in the back of a general admission show to keep her from the crowd and the loud music. But we had a wonderful time nonetheless!
After nearly 200 Grateful Dead shows under my belt I got to go to a string of shows with backstage passes. I had dinner with the band, met them all, and got to spend some quality time with Phil Lesh and his wife.
I'm really looking forward to the upcoming tour and just hoping the tickets are obtainable.
Check out my blog: