- Posted March 16, 2009 by
New York, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
The ultimate brown bag
- The 100% Bacon Bun Burger (aka the Ultimate Zero Carb Bacon Burger)
- Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with the St. Patty Melt
- Kicking Tailgating Season off with Grilled Porterhouse with Pink Peppercorn Sauce
- From Hobby to Job: Growing Up Grilling
- Celebrating our Nation's Independence with the Orrison family
Brown Baggin' Steak Sandwich
When it comes to brown bag lunches, it's easy to get into a rut. In an effort to keep this exciting, I use a vacusealer to seal and freeze leftovers in individual portions so they can be defrosted and used for lunches at a later date.
Here's a great prime rib sandwich I made using an 6 pound pre-cooked prime rib I bought on sale the day after Christmas. I sliced it thin and froze sandwich sized portions with a bit of gravy and sauteed onions. Bags are then defrosted as needed and ingredients are assembled on a roll with a bit of horseradish cream sauce and and amazing brown bag lunch is complete!
The entire recipe can be found at http://tinyurl.com/cxf78w.