- Posted April 15, 2009 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Signs of the economic times
- Apple CEO Tim Cook's Admission, "I'm Gay", Is A Sad Commentary On Where the US Still Is As A Society
- "America is Spreading Peace and Prosperity Across the World", Says Obama. Really?
- The US is Still 'Number One' -- But in What?
- Corporations Should Be Made to "Pee in a Cup" to See If Their Workers Get Public Assistance
- Does Anyone Remember What a "Mom and Pop" Business Was? Reasons to Shop Local
Food Price Keep Going Up
I thought that food prices would go down when gas prices went down..guess not. Gas is going back up..and what about that cigarette tax. That's costing me $20 more a week! Ouch! Most would say, "Just quit!" But why should I have to quit? Higher food costs are hurting American families' recovery. Isn't that inflationary?
It seems the only thing not going up is dairy products. Maybe the farmers are producing too much.