- Posted August 5, 2009 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
U.S. journalists freed
- Kevin Costner & ModernWest, Orianthi and White Buffalo Rock Malibu GuitarFest
- Ricky Schroder's The Fighting Season Premiere
- Dolphins Amuse Whale Watchers in California... "Everyone loves the king of the Sea"
- Keanu Reeves on his Retro and Modern Boundless Bikes… Born to Be Wild!
- Oscar Buzz Hollywood, "And The Winner is..."
Flight to Freedom Laura Ling and Euna Lee arrive in the US... Part I of III
Laura Ling and Euna Lee arrived at a private hanger in Burbank California at approximately 5:30 am. After six months of being held in North Korea Laura and Euna are finally united with their families. Former President CLinton went on behalf of the two families to secure their release. North Korean President Kim Jong-il granted amnesty to the two women who were convicted of committing Hostile Acts. Family members emotions where high as they watched the private jet roll into the hanger. It was a powerful moment when the door pushed back and the two women emerged. Watching Euna and her daughter hanna reunite after six months was incredibly touching!