- Posted August 5, 2009 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
U.S. journalists freed
- Cast of Boyhood Enjoys Malibu- Congratulations for Golden Globe Nomination
- 'While there is life, there is hope': An interview with ‘The Theory of Everything’ stars
- Singer Pink Leads Motorcycle Ride for a Cause, Who's taking Care of our Wounded Warriors?
- 911 "Waves of Flags" Pepperdine University, Malibu
- Long Police Standoff Malibu, California
Flight to Freedom Laura Ling and Euna Lee arrive in the US... Part I of III
Laura Ling and Euna Lee arrived at a private hanger in Burbank California at approximately 5:30 am. After six months of being held in North Korea Laura and Euna are finally united with their families. Former President CLinton went on behalf of the two families to secure their release. North Korean President Kim Jong-il granted amnesty to the two women who were convicted of committing Hostile Acts. Family members emotions where high as they watched the private jet roll into the hanger. It was a powerful moment when the door pushed back and the two women emerged. Watching Euna and her daughter hanna reunite after six months was incredibly touching!