- Posted August 5, 2009 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
U.S. journalists freed
- Cast of Boyhood Enjoys Malibu- Congratulations for Golden Globe Nomination
- 'While there is life, there is hope': An interview with ‘The Theory of Everything’ stars
- Singer Pink Leads Motorcycle Ride for a Cause, Who's taking Care of our Wounded Warriors?
- 911 "Waves of Flags" Pepperdine University, Malibu
- Long Police Standoff Malibu, California
"Home and Free"... What does Freedom mean to you? Part II of III
US Journalist Laura Ling and Euna Lee return home after being held in North Korea for 140 days. The two women were facing 12 years in a North Korean labor camp until former President Clinton arrived on their behalf.
Freedom of choice, Freedom of religion, Freedom of speech, Freedom... We live in a country that is based on our Constitutional rights as U.S. Citizens. As citizen journalists we are encouraged to state our opinions,concerns and voice what we feel passionately about.
As journalists Laura Ling and Euna Lee will undoubtedly value that right as a U.S Citizen with a deeper awareness than I hope any of us will ever have to experience. They are not the first U.S. journalist to be held as prisoners and they are not the last.
Listening to Laura's heart wrenching speech to the press will leave an impact on all those who were present.
What does freedom mean to you?