- Posted August 5, 2009 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
U.S. journalists freed
- Matt Damon, Ridley Scott, The Martian-Jouney To Mars
- WOOFSTOCK Malibu, Actors Brad Garrett and Joseph Reitman, Benefiting Healthcare for Homeless Animals
- Kevin & Lily Costner's Duet "Let Me Be The One" ...Celebrating Father's Day
- Jurassic World's Cool Cat Jack Horner... Walk with the Dinosaurs
- SCANDAL Storms House Of Blues, Sunset Strip
"Home and Free"... What does Freedom mean to you? Part II of III
US Journalist Laura Ling and Euna Lee return home after being held in North Korea for 140 days. The two women were facing 12 years in a North Korean labor camp until former President Clinton arrived on their behalf.
Freedom of choice, Freedom of religion, Freedom of speech, Freedom... We live in a country that is based on our Constitutional rights as U.S. Citizens. As citizen journalists we are encouraged to state our opinions,concerns and voice what we feel passionately about.
As journalists Laura Ling and Euna Lee will undoubtedly value that right as a U.S Citizen with a deeper awareness than I hope any of us will ever have to experience. They are not the first U.S. journalist to be held as prisoners and they are not the last.
Listening to Laura's heart wrenching speech to the press will leave an impact on all those who were present.
What does freedom mean to you?