- Posted August 5, 2009 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
U.S. journalists freed
- Kevin Costner & ModernWest, Orianthi and White Buffalo Rock Malibu GuitarFest
- Ricky Schroder's The Fighting Season Premiere
- Dolphins Amuse Whale Watchers in California... "Everyone loves the king of the Sea"
- Keanu Reeves on his Retro and Modern Boundless Bikes… Born to Be Wild!
- Oscar Buzz Hollywood, "And The Winner is..."
"Home and Free"... What does Freedom mean to you? Part II of III
US Journalist Laura Ling and Euna Lee return home after being held in North Korea for 140 days. The two women were facing 12 years in a North Korean labor camp until former President Clinton arrived on their behalf.
Freedom of choice, Freedom of religion, Freedom of speech, Freedom... We live in a country that is based on our Constitutional rights as U.S. Citizens. As citizen journalists we are encouraged to state our opinions,concerns and voice what we feel passionately about.
As journalists Laura Ling and Euna Lee will undoubtedly value that right as a U.S Citizen with a deeper awareness than I hope any of us will ever have to experience. They are not the first U.S. journalist to be held as prisoners and they are not the last.
Listening to Laura's heart wrenching speech to the press will leave an impact on all those who were present.
What does freedom mean to you?