- Posted August 5, 2009 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
U.S. journalists freed
- Long Police Standoff Malibu, California
- DAWN of the PLANET of the APES Interviews with the Cast and Crew; Andy Serkis, Matt Reeves, Terry Notary, Joe Letteri and Dan Lemmon
- EARTH TO ECHO Interview with the Cast
- Dick Van Dyke, Martin Sheen and Garrison Keillor on Fatherhood
- Northern Elephant Seal Pups Release, Malibu California
Prison to Paradise... Laura Ling and Euna Lee return to their families loving arms!
A team once again, former President Clinton and Al Gore united in their efforts to bring Laura Ling and Euna Lee back home safely. The families' tears of joy and gratitude for these two men were apparent as Al Gore spoke on behalf of the two families and on behalf of Current TV. Arm in arm they listened on, in a state of disbelief. Their tireless efforts to bring the girls back to the U.S. paid off. They are once again able to "reacquaint themselves with their families" said, Laura Ling. The two women were in North Korea over 140 days. Isolated from one another, the nightmare of their experience had finally come to an end.
As I entered the Hangar early Wednesday morning, it was still quite dark outside and as I left I noticed the most beautiful sunrise through the california palms ........ welcome Home Laura and Euna, is what I thought. You are finally Free.