- Posted August 5, 2009 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
U.S. journalists freed
- GRAVITY Interview with Actress Sandra Bullock and Director Alfonso Cuaron
- Dick and Arlene Van Dyke's Duet at the Malibu Chili Cook Off
- ELYSIUM Interview's with Matt Damon and Sharlto Copley
- AFTER EARTH Interviews with Will Smith, Jaden Smith, and Garrett Reisman
- Conversation with Roma Downey on The Bible
Prison to Paradise... Laura Ling and Euna Lee return to their families loving arms!
A team once again, former President Clinton and Al Gore united in their efforts to bring Laura Ling and Euna Lee back home safely. The families' tears of joy and gratitude for these two men were apparent as Al Gore spoke on behalf of the two families and on behalf of Current TV. Arm in arm they listened on, in a state of disbelief. Their tireless efforts to bring the girls back to the U.S. paid off. They are once again able to "reacquaint themselves with their families" said, Laura Ling. The two women were in North Korea over 140 days. Isolated from one another, the nightmare of their experience had finally come to an end.
As I entered the Hangar early Wednesday morning, it was still quite dark outside and as I left I noticed the most beautiful sunrise through the california palms ........ welcome Home Laura and Euna, is what I thought. You are finally Free.