- Posted August 14, 2009 by
Palos Verdes, California
This iReport is part of an assignment:
iReport for CNN
- Conversation with Roma Downey on The Bible
- SKYFALL Interviews with the Cast -Daniel Craig, Javier Bardem, Naomie Harris, and Bérénice Marlohe
- Total Recall Interviews with Collin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale, and Bryan Cranston
- MIB3 Interviews with Will Smith, Tommy Lee Jones, and Barry Sonnenfeld
- Interview with Hugh Grant on Pirates Band of Misfits
Determination, Skill and a Will of Steel Jen Schumacher Completes her Swim... Part II
She Did IT!! Jen a grad student from Cal State Fullerton just completed her swim from Catalina Channel to Palos Verdes.
She completed this swim with a remarkable time of 9hr and 2min. Jen and her support team arrived into a rocky beach at aprox 9am this morning. This challenge is not complete until the swimmer gets to dry land, nobody can assist the swimmer to shore at that point. This proves to be very difficult, walking over rocks and standing upright after 9 plus hours of swimming is not easy! Jen said the last part was the most difficult, but the swim itself was relatively easy! Her support group had a hard time keeping up with this 24 year old dynamo!
Jen's mom Barbara kayaked beside her the whole way, an accomplishment in itself. Jen's Father Steve, uncle Dan, sister's Katlyn and Carly all were support swimmers. You can watch them guide her onto shore on this video. "There is no rest for this family" Jen's aunt Shan said. They are always challenging themselves and one another. I witness their incredible out pouring of love and support for one another. A refreshing change to see a family so involved in such a positive way . They clearly have a great deal of fun.
Jen is an energetic, bright spirited, determined young woman. Watching her swim to shore with her family members by her side was inspiring.