- Posted September 8, 2009 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Reaction to Obama education speech
- 9/11 to Now: Ways We Have Changed Our Language and Traded Security for Freedom
- How Our Country and Its Language has Changed since 9/11- One Nation under Surveillance for Liberty and Justice for All?
- The GOP Tries to Sink Another Iran Deal; It's Not the First Time. Remember Reagan’s Deal with Iran? Our Coup? The Shah" No? You Must Be Republican
- $15 an Hour in NY? Where's the Outrage Over Corporate America's Continuous 'Raises'? Fast Food's Raise Will Leverage Hike for All Workers in America
- Still Not Lovin' It - McDonald's Profits Fall for Seventh Straight Quarter-The 'Golden Rule' May Help the Golden Arches
My Kids Can Think... Can Yours?
Many Republicans and Conservatives were concerned about President Obama's address to school children Tuesday. I wasn't. I'm a Democrat and Liberal. I have taught my kids "How to think, not what to think". There's a big difference.
Brainwashing starts at home. Maybe what concerned these Conservative parents is that their kids may have gotten something they remembered from listening to Obama.
Dangerous things like stay in school, work hard and learn about other philosophies and cultures other than your own.
That's what usually happens when people think on their own, rather than just regurgitate what parents have indoctrinated them with.