- Posted September 8, 2009 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Reaction to Obama education speech
- People's Patience with Police Brutality and 'Government Solutions' Has Run Out
- Obamacare May Go Down With a Supreme Court Decision. So Why Would the GOP Cheer?
- Americans Should Hope that Israel's Netanyahu Loses His Re-Election for There to be Peace in the Middle East
- Keystone XL Pipeline Should Be ‘Double-Hulled or Not At All’ Like Oil Tankers
My Kids Can Think... Can Yours?
Many Republicans and Conservatives were concerned about President Obama's address to school children Tuesday. I wasn't. I'm a Democrat and Liberal. I have taught my kids "How to think, not what to think". There's a big difference.
Brainwashing starts at home. Maybe what concerned these Conservative parents is that their kids may have gotten something they remembered from listening to Obama.
Dangerous things like stay in school, work hard and learn about other philosophies and cultures other than your own.
That's what usually happens when people think on their own, rather than just regurgitate what parents have indoctrinated them with.