- Posted September 8, 2009 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Reaction to Obama education speech
- Hagel 'Not Up To the White House's Mission Creep"? - Maybe Rumsfeld is Available
- US Policy Against Paying Ransom for Hostages Depends On Who the Hostages Are
- Army. Be All You Can Be- Unless You Have a Tattoo
- Want a "Better Online Experience"? Google, Face Book, and the US Gov Think You Do- Sharing Your Information- Still a Choice?
- The US Supreme Court Has Granted 'Pinocchio' Peoplehood, But Failed to Give Him a Conscience
My Kids Can Think... Can Yours?
Many Republicans and Conservatives were concerned about President Obama's address to school children Tuesday. I wasn't. I'm a Democrat and Liberal. I have taught my kids "How to think, not what to think". There's a big difference.
Brainwashing starts at home. Maybe what concerned these Conservative parents is that their kids may have gotten something they remembered from listening to Obama.
Dangerous things like stay in school, work hard and learn about other philosophies and cultures other than your own.
That's what usually happens when people think on their own, rather than just regurgitate what parents have indoctrinated them with.