- Posted September 16, 2009 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Design on the cheap
- Drug Company,Novatis, Pays U.S. Government $422.5M in Marketing, Kickback, 'Pay to Play' "Fine"
- America- Having Two Jobs Now Necessary to Break Even
- Snow In April In Northern NY? Seriously?
- No Farms, No Food. Right? No Jobs, No Economy? Not Quite True..
- U.S. Government Finances Yet More of China's Technological and Manufacturing Superiority
Redesigned Teen Center's Business Store Front Increases Sales
Many businesses are looking for ways to increase sales in this economy. A face lift was desperately needed on this children and teen center's store front.
It was unattractive and needed to create interest to increase business. I suggested and designed the face lift "On the Cheap" for Susan, the owner of "Velocity" Family Fun Center.
We used old plastic balls she no longer needed that used to be in her ball pit to create a "Candy machine look" at the entrance.
Some paint, concrete tubes and cardboard to create the City in Velo-City. Blacklights added to the Lazer Tag area make the display "Pop" at night.
Her Laser business has quadrupled and general admission has tripled since the redesign. More families are choosing to celebrate their kids' birthdays at the Fun Center.
Most of the materials were free and when you total the cost for paint and miscellaneous supplies together, the total project that took two months on volunteered time cost only $525! This economy calls for a little creativity...Just thought I'd share.