- Posted September 24, 2009 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Drug Company,Novatis, Pays U.S. Government $422.5M in Marketing, Kickback, 'Pay to Play' "Fine"
- America- Having Two Jobs Now Necessary to Break Even
- Snow In April In Northern NY? Seriously?
- No Farms, No Food. Right? No Jobs, No Economy? Not Quite True..
- U.S. Government Finances Yet More of China's Technological and Manufacturing Superiority
Consumer Protections Killed By Bank Lobbyists
Banks win round one in fight for consumers' protection. Does this surprise anyone? Banks' lobbyists have effectively "killed" consumer protections for loans. Congress again takes money from bank lobbyists and look the other way.
Wow! Is this change you can believe in. With all due respect to President Obama, the bill has not reached him. But if this is the best those responsible for creating credit agreements consumers can believe in, we have a sorry state of affairs.
It appears to be business as usual, until we have campaign finance reform. What do you think?