- Posted November 14, 2009 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
The best places to launch a business
- JUST SAY NO TO HEALTHCARE Reconcilliation Where Its Deemed Passed.
- MI Unions Endorse A Legacy of Staggering Population Losses and Failed Business Model For Governor In
- New York Times Discovers Grand Central Station Has Abandoned Sibling In Detroit. Photos...
- New Term Enters The Lexicon Of Poli-Speak 'Striped Collar Worker' Of Nerdvana
- White House Runs Superbowl Ad To Help Michigan Find A Governor In 2010
Milwaukee County Exec Pens An Op-Ed On Fiscal Responsiblity That The Nation Should Listen To
Reading a very compelling and couragous Op-Ed by Scott Walker who is the current Milwaukee County executive. He has penned a piece that will resonate with those Americans who want fiscal responsibility from their leadership. His premise for not lining up for stimulus is made very clear ‘My explanation is simple. First, this money isn’t free. Second, under Gov. Doyle our state has borrowed vast sums of money and avoided making tough budget decisions while expanding government programs."
Even more compelling is his stance that ‘ As popular as the federal "stimulus" package is with Washington politicians, it is more popular among state and local politicians who view federal money as a cure for their fiscal woes.’