- Posted November 15, 2009 by
Glen Allen, Virginia
This iReport is part of an assignment:
A vegetarian Thanksgiving
Stewed Soya Chunks
1/2 pack soya chunks/vadi
2 tbsps brown sugar
1/4 cup green peas
2 carrots peeled and chopped
1/2 onion chopped
1/4 cup cilantro
1/4 cup celery chopped
3 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
1 spring onion chopped
2 green chillies (to taste)
2 tbsps oil
1/4 cup tomato ketchup
Salt to taste
1. Boil water in a pot and add Soya chunks. Take off heat and stir occasionally until cooked. Strain, squeeze and keep aside.
2.Grind celery, cilantro, green chillies, spring onion, chopped onion, chopped garlic and salt.
3. Add grounded mixture to soya and season soya.
3. Heat oil in a low-based pan and add brown sugar.
4. When sugar melts and starts to bubble in the oil, add seasoned soya chunks and ketchup into pan and mix. Cook for 2-3 mins.
5. Add peas and carrots and mix. Cook for 4-5 mins.
6. Cover and cook on low heat for 6-7 mins.
7. Remove from heat and serve hot.