- Posted November 16, 2009 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
"New Moon" mania
- Long Police Standoff Malibu, California
- DAWN of the PLANET of the APES Interviews with the Cast and Crew; Andy Serkis, Matt Reeves, Terry Notary, Joe Letteri and Dan Lemmon
- EARTH TO ECHO Interview with the Cast
- Dick Van Dyke, Martin Sheen and Garrison Keillor on Fatherhood
- Northern Elephant Seal Pups Release, Malibu California
New Moon, Bella Luna ... Waiting for the Premiere
The premiere of New Moon, sequel to Twilight, is Monday November16. It's an exciting premiere for many people. I went down to Westwood, California, where people had been "camped" out for days waiting for a ticket to get a wrist band.Only 600 fans will be able to watch the stars walk down the red carpet. The movie premiere for the public is Thursday night, at midnight. I spoke with many people who had been out there since Thursday Nov. 12th. Some have tents; others sleep on the sidewalk in chairs, taking turns getting food, using bathrooms etc. All in all they were having a good time. Dawn,an avid fan, referred to it as "one big slumber party".
The vampire phenomenon is age old. The allure of the unknown, the seduction of danger, makes some run in fear and others curious. Drawn to the passion, intense energy, and animal magnetism, they move a little closer, until it is too late... they've been bitten, and then there is no turning back.