- Posted February 23, 2010 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
How has H1N1 impacted your life?
- Do you think that the world would be boring if there was world peace?
- Happy B'day Kosova..(Kosova celebrate the 2nd Independence)
- Kosovo holds first vote since independence declaration
- What is the true story of halloween, and why we celebrate it?
- Let's think for a peaceful feature with no diversity.......
Why does H1N1 get all the attention, but the ordinary boring flu gets ignored?
The regular boring flu kills many more people than H1N1, but nobody gives it any attention. What's H1N1 got that the regular flu don't got?
Regular flu kills more than 36,000 people every year in the US, and we never hear a panic about it. I think one reason is that H1N1 is a strain of flu we haven't seen before. When a new disease, germ, etc. is identified as a possible threat to public health, it scares people, and that is understandable. Also, vaccine for regular flu has been available for years (even though many people refuse to take advantage of it), but when swine flu was first identified, there was no vaccine for it.
All of that said, I think swine flu is something people need to be aware of, but I think that most people are over reacting to it. Some people have died, but many cases of swine flu have been minor.
Just my opinion