- Posted March 7, 2010 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Weekend assignment: Your signature dish
- Time To Inconvenience Politicians
- Politicians Will Not Take Risks Unless They Are Forced To
- Coffee Party Radio: Politics Done Right - GOP Budgets, Gays, Race, Guns, & a Pope Sat 12–2PM CST
- Paul Ryan: To Hell With Election. It Is My Way With Obama Doing My Dirty Work
- Rest In Peace President Hugo Chavez, You Are The Hero Of The Poor
Arroz Con Pollo with a Caribbean and Indian Touch
- rachel8, CNN iReport producer
The signature dish I am presenting is Arroz Con Pollo. I had fun making it. It came out extremely well, as my staunchest critic, my wife, had two full plates.
Arroz Con Pollo
1 lb Chicken parts cut in small pieces
2-1/2 cups rice
Chicken broth powder
1 can of Coconut Milk
3 Cups water
1 Tsp of Yellow Curry
Half bunch cilantro
Half bunch parsley
1 Can Sweet Peas
6 Cloves of garlic
Olives, Radish, Avocado, Tomato for salad side dish
Plantains to make patacones(double fried plantains)
1. Marinate chicken for at least 1 hour in vinegar, season salt, & black pepper.
2. Fry chicken in olive oil till brown on both sides.
3. Cut up Cilantro, Parsley, Onion, Garlic.
4. Sautee in pan till tender.
5. Add water and coconut milk to cooking pot.
6. Add powdered broth to pot and season salting to taste.
7. Ad curry to taste to pot.
8. Add sautéed seasoning, chicken, and rice.
9. Bring pot to a boil, simmer and cover for about 20 to 30 minutes
10. Fold in 1 can sweet peas gently.