- Posted March 7, 2010 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Weekend assignment: Your signature dish
Baked Eggplant Bruschetta
Baked Eggplant Bruschetta is an elegant vegetarian dish that can be an entree or an appetizer to a light pasta.
Recipe for Baked Eggplant Bruschetta
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut eggplant in half, and carve out insides of eggplant leaving shell in tact.
- Dice insides of eggplant and put into mixing bowl.
- Add a can (drained) of diced tomatoes, 2 cloves garlic, 1 cup diced onion, and 3 Tbs. olive oil.
- Mix thoroughly adding 1 tsp. salt and pepper to taste. (Remember, you can always add more of this at the table.)
- Stuff mixture back into eggplant shells.
- Top with sliced Mozzarella Cheese.
- Place shells in center of jelly roll pan and place pan in oven.
- Cook until cheese is browned, about 35 minutes.
- Top with fresh chopped basil just before removing from oven.
- Serve with fresh bread, olive oil, and Balsamic Vinegar.
If you're on a budget, the estimated cost of this meal is $6.00 counting the price of the bread. Please visit EatLikeaRabbit.net for more details and other original recipes.