- Posted March 13, 2010 by
Santa Monica, California
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Conversation with Roma Downey on The Bible
- SKYFALL Interviews with the Cast -Daniel Craig, Javier Bardem, Naomie Harris, and Bérénice Marlohe
- Total Recall Interviews with Collin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale, and Bryan Cranston
- MIB3 Interviews with Will Smith, Tommy Lee Jones, and Barry Sonnenfeld
- Interview with Hugh Grant on Pirates Band of Misfits
Are We Really that Hungry? Whale Meat Served at Sushi Restaurant!
- zdan, CNN iReport producer
An outraged crowd protested in front of the Hump Restaurant in Santa Monica, California today. Whale Meat has been part of the restaurants delicacies. The Oscar winning makers of "The Cove" helped shine light on the whale meat smuggling operation that was occurring at the Hump. The crew from The Cove stayed true to their beliefs. A sting operation went into play. Secretly being filmed, two women activists ordered from the "chefs special omakase menu". The dish was not on the menu but was available at special requests.
They placed slices of the meat in plastic bags so the meat could be tested. It was confirmed to be whale meat. Although excited to be honored at the Oscars, their true passion for the well being of mammals proved to be their priority. The Cove took home the Oscar for best documentary and unveiled the Humps indiscretions all at the same time.
The owners of the Hump take responsibility for serving whale meat. The owner and one of the chefs were charged with a violation of the Federal Marine Mammal Protection Act. The charge brings a maximum sentence of one year in Federal Prison and a $100,000 fine.
Investigations throughout the US are now being pursued.There is plenty for us to eat without slaughtering whales. it is a criminal act.