- Posted April 12, 2010 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Weekend assignment: How far can $10 go?
- $15 an Hour in NY? Where's the Outrage Over Corporate America's Continuous 'Raises'? Fast Food's Raise Will Leverage Hike for All Workers in America
- Still Not Lovin' It - McDonald's Profits Fall for Seventh Straight Quarter-The 'Golden Rule' May Help the Golden Arches
- The "White Flag of Surrender" is the Only Confederate Flag that Should Matter- Years of Continued Racism in America
- Main Stream Media Defends GOP Hopefuls from Trump - Exposing the Two Party System for What It Is- Corrupt and Bought
- Lazy Workers? Entry Level Jobs? The Great American Jobs Scam: Corporate Tax Dodging and the Myth of Job Creation
Spent $10 on Gas for Fishing..The Look On My Boys Faces- Priceless!
Spending $10 on gas for my buddy's bass boat was the best ten dollars I've spent in a long time. Jay Robbins is a professional fisherman guide on Lake Ontario and the Black and Salmon Rivers in Upstate New York.
He and I worked together on the YellowBookUSA phone directory and have remained friends since.
When he called and asked if I had the boys this weekend..I said, "Yeah, whadcha have in mind?" Knowing Jay, I knew we'd be fishing.
I've tried to show my boys, Dan (dark hair) and David ( blond, They're twins and 12) how to fish but Jay gave them some pointers about catching 5 pound bass and even bigger Northern Pike.
In no time, they'd got the knack of it. Each ended the day with eleven sizable fish and a big smile on their faces. Jay agreed to do the video so I could "fulfill my weekend assignment". Enjoy! Hope your ten dollars went as far.
Included are some of the photos and video of how far we stretched that ten dollars this Sunday afternoon.