- Posted April 12, 2010 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Weekend assignment: How far can $10 go?
- Ukraine-Are We Ready for Another World War?
- The 'Evil' Black River Flooding In Watertown, NY- April 18, 2014
- Will CNN's Jeff Zucker Replace 'News' With Reality TV?
- Does Raising the Minimum Wage Help U.S. and State Governments More Than It Helps Workers?
- Give 'Time for Some Traffic Problems' Bridget Kelly Immunity? Only If Testimony Leads to Christie and Sampson
Spent $10 on Gas for Fishing..The Look On My Boys Faces- Priceless!
Spending $10 on gas for my buddy's bass boat was the best ten dollars I've spent in a long time. Jay Robbins is a professional fisherman guide on Lake Ontario and the Black and Salmon Rivers in Upstate New York.
He and I worked together on the YellowBookUSA phone directory and have remained friends since.
When he called and asked if I had the boys this weekend..I said, "Yeah, whadcha have in mind?" Knowing Jay, I knew we'd be fishing.
I've tried to show my boys, Dan (dark hair) and David ( blond, They're twins and 12) how to fish but Jay gave them some pointers about catching 5 pound bass and even bigger Northern Pike.
In no time, they'd got the knack of it. Each ended the day with eleven sizable fish and a big smile on their faces. Jay agreed to do the video so I could "fulfill my weekend assignment". Enjoy! Hope your ten dollars went as far.
Included are some of the photos and video of how far we stretched that ten dollars this Sunday afternoon.