- Posted April 12, 2010 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Weekend assignment: How far can $10 go?
- Senate Democrats Reject Justice Department Nominee Over Abu-Jamal Case
- Hurricane Sandy Aid and the 'Christie Story' Shows Why People Hate Government
- "Hey,Corporate America, Give Your Employees a Pay Raise and "Buy Yourself Some Good Publicity
- 'Beep' the E.U., Victoria Nuland Has More To Say On a New 'Russian Released Video' About $5 Billion U.S. Spent On 'Helping' Liberate Ukraine
- Comcast- Time Warner Merger? Better for Whom? Absolutely Not. No Way, No How!
Spent $10 on Gas for Fishing..The Look On My Boys Faces- Priceless!
Spending $10 on gas for my buddy's bass boat was the best ten dollars I've spent in a long time. Jay Robbins is a professional fisherman guide on Lake Ontario and the Black and Salmon Rivers in Upstate New York.
He and I worked together on the YellowBookUSA phone directory and have remained friends since.
When he called and asked if I had the boys this weekend..I said, "Yeah, whadcha have in mind?" Knowing Jay, I knew we'd be fishing.
I've tried to show my boys, Dan (dark hair) and David ( blond, They're twins and 12) how to fish but Jay gave them some pointers about catching 5 pound bass and even bigger Northern Pike.
In no time, they'd got the knack of it. Each ended the day with eleven sizable fish and a big smile on their faces. Jay agreed to do the video so I could "fulfill my weekend assignment". Enjoy! Hope your ten dollars went as far.
Included are some of the photos and video of how far we stretched that ten dollars this Sunday afternoon.