- Posted July 9, 2010 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Your "how-to" video
- Huge Wild Rhododendrons Celebrated at Florence, Oregon Festival - Slideshow
- Historic Seaport Village Attracts Thousands With Rhododendron Festival
- Famous Lighthouse $1.3 Million Makeover
- Tsunami Surges on Florence Oregon Beach
- Tsunami Surges Up Oregon Coast, Heceta Head Lighthouse Area, March 11, 2011
How Write a Play by Playwrite, Actor, Lawrence J. Korosec
Ever wondered how to write a play? Inspiration, tips and steps for aspiring playwrites and creative writers from Lawrence J. Korosec.
With a lifetime of professional theater experience as an actor and playwrite he explains he learned the art and craft of playwriting by reading a lot, especially reading a lot of plays.
Next he relies more on intuition, feelings, and intrinsics than on mechanical approaches in his creative writing for the plays. Sometimes he borrows ideas and reworks them into his own original interpretation. With experience as a professional actor onstage and having played the lead parts in musicals, he has gained useful experiences.
How to get ideas? Intuition plays a big part here, and again, reading a lot and being immersed in the theater help lead to getting ideas.