- Posted July 26, 2010 by
Grand Isle, Louisiana
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Oil disaster views and solutions
- N17 Day of Action in Houston Kese Smith's statement for HPD on the 13 arrests
- Is the seafood from the gulf really safe to eat?
- 100 Days since BP's Deep Water Horizon Oil Spill, and this is just the beginning!
- Dirty, Oil Soiled Boom left all along the marshes and sancuaries in Barataria Bay, Louisiana.
Oiled Pelicans on Queen Bess Island
- ccostello3, CNN iReport producer
The media is making it look like everything is clean... BUT ITS NOT!!! We just found these pelicans suffering on our trip to Queen Bess Island, LA on July 20th (Day 91)!!!!
"Over the last few decades, the Brown Pelican population has finally begun to slowly make a comeback after we poisoned our waterways and their food supply with DDT as agricultural runoff. But the continuing loss of barrier island habitat also thwarted the uncertain return of our state bird. Now this! Shit... what are we doing to our planet? I cant believe it, let me poison your food supply with DDT, destroy your habitat with development... and once you creep back from the edges of extinction...
Hmmm lets dump hundreds of millions of liters of oil in the coastal waters and see how you fair!" -Leanne Sarco (LA)
"And then leave your young to stew in oil and starve to death, and then send clean up crews in to scare you off your nest early, so you wallow in the oil soaked mud until you finally succumb to the elements. Yes, that's what is happening. AACCKK!!" -Drew Wheelan
Photo by: Crystal Howle