- Posted August 8, 2010 by
Kandy Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka
This iReport is part of an assignment:
What's the best thing about your town?
Life in my town and neighbourhood
Just 5 to 10 minutes drive to the Kandy city is where I live. from town you drive into a quiet and secluded residential neighbourhood, with two supermarkets. One has to drive thro a long tunnel to come out into the open sun to the first supermarket in the neighbourhood, very popular among area people living there, and which is always full , they have a Pharmacy, restaurant and bakery. Closer and beyond the tunnel you get a nice spot for bathing, this is used mostly by villagers. I also buy my newspapers from the close by newstand, round about the city 's area you get a lot of hotels, and guest houses, where a lot of tourists like to come, becos of the quiet and nature like place.
1. Pic No.1 is the Riverdale Hotel
2. Pic No.2 is my newstand where I buy my paper from
3. Pic No.3 is the various boards showing the guest houses and hotels located in the area
4. The little fruit shop in the area
5. The tunnel leading out to town into the Anniwatte area where all the hotels and guest houses are situated along with residential homes, and the Mahaweli river,
6..The inside of the tunnel
7. The Nihals supermarket where i do my grocery shopping, and buy ole smokey boens buns from
8. The Mahaweli river in the area where people go to bath on a weekend.
This is my town area and neighbourhood.. Its a nice and quiet place for a visit and holiday, where you can have daily walks and treks, see nature, and the rural surroundings of Kandy, town and the Anniwatte neighbourhood. Plenty of guest houses and hotels to stay in too.
These places will be full soon for the Perahera season which starts on Tuesday 10th August, when the parade is due to start.