- Posted August 24, 2010 by
Vineyard haven, Massachusetts
- Snow Day for M. Bee.
- Counterterrorism and Homeland Security head, John Brennan announcing troop draw downs in Iraq.
- Prime Minister of Bermuda, Ewart Brown. Golfing at Mink Meadows in Martha's Vineyard.
- Barack Obama enjoys a quiet dinner at The Sweet Life cafe
- Prof. Charles Ogletree, Caroline Hunter, Anti- Apartheid
Counterterrorism and Homeland Security head, John Brennan announcing troop draw downs in Iraq.
8/241/10 Assistant to the President and Deputy National Security Adviser for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism, John Brennan said Tuesday 8/24/10, that troop levels in Iraq will continue to diminish throughout 2011. He was introduced by Presidential Deputy Press Secretary, Bill Burton.
Vineyard Haven, Martha's Vineyard. Photos by Mike Levin (215) 740-1747. mklphoto.com
Quote from Mr. Brennan:
Today United States forces in Iraq announced that the United States now has less than 50,000 troops in Iraq. This reaches the goal that was set by the President last February as part of his efforts to responsibly draw down our forces from Iraq and transition to Iraqi security forces the responsibility for security in that country.