- Posted September 5, 2010 by
Bonded Labour liberation front Pakistan celebrating Freedom day
17th September 2010 Freedom Day
Decision of the chief justice of Supreme Court of Pakistan on 17th September 1988, outlawed bonded labour, cancelled all existing bonded debts, and forbade lawsuits for the recovery of existing debts. In resulted The Bonded Labour (Abolition) System Act 1992 adopted by the legislative assembly.
To get that decision Your efforts will never be forgotten by this very much marginalized class this will be our great honor that you will advise and guide all stakeholder to implement the Bonded Labour (Abolition) System Act 1992,
Bonded labour liberation front Pakistan will celebrate the 22nd anniversary of this historical decision as Freedom Day as usual since last 21 years for bonded laborers. And every year we raise the voices against the crucial role of establishment and feudal lords of the Pakistan who don’t want to allowed any citizen to live with justice and peace, violence against women harassment at work place and discrimination with the women is highly observed in the brick kiln women workers the most effected of the debt is women worker, our struggle to empower the brick kiln workers will be encouraged through this photo exhibition rally and seminar and they will be able to get their legal entitlements .
1. 3 Days Photos and painting Exhibition.
Photo and paintings on the life of bonded labour and struggle of Bonded labour liberation front Pakistan will be in the exhibition
Date. 17 September 2010 to 19 September 2010
Time. 10.00 am to 6 pm
Venue of the exhibition. Alhamra Art Gallery The mall Lahore.
A rally will be staged from Freedom campus 4 A Lawrence roads Lahore to Regal Chowk and on the Mall up to Alhamra Art Council Lahore. In which more than 3000 workers will participate
Date. 17th September 2010
Time. 2.00pm 3.30pm
“After 21 years, implementation on Abolition system act and supreme court decision is still awaited” who is responsible and accountable.
Date. 17th September 2010.
Time 4.00 pm till 6.00 pm
Venue of the seminar Alhamra Art council Hall No 2. The Mall Lahore.
Speakers of the Seminar
1. Syed Khurshid Ahmed Shah, Federal Minister Labour and human resources
2. Chaudhry Aitzaz Ahsan, Former President Pakistan Supreme Court Bar Association
3. Justice retired Aslam Nasir Zahid,Member of the India-Pakistan judicial commission on prisoners
4. Muhammad Ashraf Sohna, Minister Labour and human resources Punjab
5. I .A Rahman, Director HRCP
6. Karamat Ali , Executive director PILER Karachi
7. Muhammad Yaqoob , President Pakistan workers confederation
8. Dr Lal Khan,
9. Rashid Sindhu Poet and trade unionist
10. Syeda Ghulam Fatima, General Secretary Bonded labour liberation front Pakistan
11. Mahar Safdar Ali , Executive Member Bonded labour liberation front Pakistan