- Posted September 16, 2010 by
Santa Monica, California
- DAWN of the PLANET of the APES Interviews with the Cast and Crew; Andy Serkis, Matt Reeves, Terry Notary, Joe Letteri and Dan Lemmon
- EARTH TO ECHO Interview with the Cast
- Dick Van Dyke, Martin Sheen and Garrison Keillor on Fatherhood
- Northern Elephant Seal Pups Release, Malibu California
- GRAVITY Interview with Actress Sandra Bullock and Director Alfonso Cuaron
March Across America One Boy, Big Dreams & A little Red Wagon.. "What can we do for homeless youth?"
Zach Bonner has walked across America from Tampa Florida to Santa Monica California. He has walked approximately 2478 miles & has crossed over 8 states... all to bring awareness to the plight homeless youth. Big dreams for a 12 year old boy who wanted to make a difference, take action, and to bring awareness to youth that were out on the streets.
Zach began his life as a philanthropist when Hurricane Charlie hit his home town of Tampa, Florida. At only 6 years old, he used his little red wagon to collect water, food, & clothing for families affected by the storm... homeless families. This led to his strong desire to find a way to help the homeless youth. Zach has been making a difference ever since!
Zach's story is one of such inspiration that he was chosen from over 6,000 candidates to have a movie made about his young life as philanthropist .... It is now in post production.. and appropriately titled Little Red Wagon.
I watched Zach, humble yet driven. He could articulate his thoughts better than some adults. Zach would not for a moment let the attention be drawn to his successful walk across America, but instead would redirect the attention back to his cause... "What can we do for the homeless youth of America?"
I am sure we have only just begun to hear the voice and see the actions of Zach Bonner.
His foundation is called Little Red Wagon Foundation Inc.