- Posted September 19, 2010 by
Hong Kong, China
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- 130,000 Rallies to Demand Hong Kong Chief Executive to Step Down
- Legislators led 4,000 in Hong Kong Pride Parade
- Police Brace for 'National Education' Showdown in Hong Kong
- 'Hell money', coffin and funeral wreath for Chinese National Day
- Hong Kong Rallies Peacefully on Diaoyu as Riots Spread Across China
Over 900 Ride For Climate Change
"The number of participants this year increased by 8 times from last year, reflecting the increasing public concern about carbon emissions and climate change," said Greenpeace, the organizer, "Government should assist in promoting low carbon living. Our Chief Executive, Donald Tsang, should refrain from taking the car for the 300 metres commute between the Government House and the Government Secretariat."
Audrey Eu, Civic Party Head and legislative Councillor, suggested the construction of bicycle tracks between Central and Wan Chai waterfront.