- Posted November 13, 2010 by
NOVEMBER 14, CHILDREN'S DAY IN INDIA.....
v=India celebrates CHILDREN's DAY TOMORROW, THAT IS 14th November, the birth anniversary of independent India’s first Prime Minister – PanditJawaharlal Nehru who died in 1963.
Universally, Children’s Day is celebrated on 20th November, every year.
As a tribute to Nehru and his love for children, Children’s Day is celebrated on his birth date and as usual tomorrow. I remember during our school days we used to celebrate children's day on 14th Nov. there used to be essay, fancy dress and singing competition..and at the end few would take away prizes and children in schools used to get two chocolates. I do not how these days children's day is celebrated, may be some speech at the government level and programmes in thousands schools. .but.
Can this day remind to each and every one of us, to renew our commitment to the welfare of children and teach them to live by Nehru’s legacy or it will be just a political gimmick?
These are some of the images shot by me what exactly children's day means to me...while some are lucky to be born with silver spoon, some are lucky even to see the doors of schools, play on playground ..but for some.. here is photo caption collected last few months for the purpose. I AM POSTING MORE PICS.. in another lot.
1. Two kids pull and push a three wheeler bicycle under hot sun ...life is like that
2. On a busy Dellhi street near a temple a youth tries to distribute banana to deprived children....we need more samaritans to feed the hungry children
3.A baby girl performs a balancing act to make a living under parent's compulsion who are below poverty line
4. A child labourer in a hotel early morning at 8.00 am watches movie on a mobile .. good break from routine
5. Looking like a child labourer in a hotel serves water ..to early age to work like this
6.A blur pic but visible a rural child takes care of a mass animals on a water front in rural area.
7.A child accompanies his father on a bullock cart ,, a return journey from their agriculture filed under hot sun after morning slot or work...no play no school
8, Travellers stop their vehicle for a break on a rural road and gives their love to rural kids flanked by their father...compassion needed.
9.A child weighs his options about his future on a railway platform
10. Life is full of roses OR but this child life is even not full of lotus .. the kids sells lotus on a railway bridge.
It is rightly said in India that today's children are tomorrow's citizens .. which children the one who belong to haves not have nots it seems?
and do not mis TO CLICK HERE : http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-518464
FOR MORE REPORTS ON CHILDREN DAY